a look back at the Ovative open house
On September 21st, Ovative/group had the honor of hosting an Open House for seven start-up companies and The BrandLab, creating space for established companies to network with up-and-comers in the Twin Cities.
We believe that by supporting innovators and providing opportunities for upcoming change-makers to do valuable networking locally, we are supporting the future of a stronger Twin Cities community and beyond.
Start-ups at the Open House included:
- Kaleidoscope – their scholarship cloud marketplace connects scholarship funders to students.
- KiraKira3D – transforms consumers into creators with the first 3D modeling mobile experience.
- SmartImplantSystems – designs and manufactures the first spinal fusion device featuring active radiofrequency therapy for managing back pain.
- Swannies – creates lifestyle golf apparel for millennials.
- Key Log Rolling – on a mission to grow the sport to Olympic status through a portable, synthetic log rolling log. At lakes and pools all across the country, people of all ages are discovering the fun and fitness benefits of log rolling.
- Tinket – trying to make scheduling a meeting as easy as sending a text -bringing your calendar, contacts and communication together in one place so you can schedule in seconds with anyone, anywhere.
- Gravy – a live video platform for influencers and brands who want to leverage influencer marketing.
While not a start-up, we also had a dozen of the talented alumni of The BrandLab on site to share how the program has challenged and supported them. The BrandLab is a Minneapolis based nonprofit at the forefront of shaking up what the talent in marketing spaces look like. Their mission is change the face and the voice of the marketing and advertising industry. The BrandLab envisions a marketing industry that thrives on the insights and creativity of people with diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds. They do this work through a model based in exposure, access, opportunity, and equity.
Ovative/group is a key leadership partner with The BrandLab. Our mission with them is to fearlessly unlock the potential of local youth with limited opportunities by giving our time, profits and services to give them meaningful experiences one at a time.